Are your teeth in need of upgraded brushing techniques? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing a terrific job brushing your teeth? Although many people take extra care to brush their teeth successfully, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well.
Here are few instructions to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– A toothbrush is no good if it has become polluted, so be sure to keep your brush clean when not in use and replace it every 3-4 months.
– Stand by a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for daily use.
– A perfect toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into your mouth with a brush head that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth but large enough to reach all areas inside it.
– Never give your toothbrush to other people, or cross-contaminate them against other toothbrushes.
– Older individuals or people who struggle to easily brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
No matter which treatment you desire, Dr. Thomas Hicks and our team at LifeSmile Dental Group will make sure that your teeth and gums are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Portland, Oregon, please contact us at 503-644-5433. A healthy smile is a happy smile!