Sensitive teeth are an irritating object while trying to do daily things such as eating or drinking. We want to help you treat your teeth here at LifeSmile Dental Group so you can go about your day in ease. Each treatment depends on the origin, with which there are multiple treatments to choose from that your dentist may help in alleviating your discomfort.
– To correct decay or a flaw in the tooth, a crown, inlay, or bonding may be used by your dentist and put in position. A material is placed to either act as the tissue.
– Surgical gum grafts are used when the gum tissue is lost from the root. This condenses sensitivity while defending the root.
– Desensitizing toothpaste contains compounds to prevent the spread of sensation from the tooth’s exterior to the nerve. This usually requires several treatments before your sensitivity decreases.
– Fluoride gel used in the dentist office to strengthens enamel and, like the desensitizing toothpaste, prevents the sensation transmission to the nerve.
– A root canal is typically the last resort to treating tooth sensitivity if it is persistent. Your pulp from the tooth containing nerves and tissue is removed, cleaned, and sealed. Your dentist may suggest this as a solution if other treatments do not work.
Other probable causes may include worn tooth enamel or fillings, decay (cavities), gum disease, or exposed tooth root. Visiting your dentist will help distinguish which problem is causing sensitivity.
Preventing sensitive teeth can be done with the proper oral hygiene. Give us a call at 503-644-5433 here in Portland, Oregon and we will be happy to answer your questions concerning your dental care. At LifeSmile Dental Group, we are happy to provide any information related to the care and treatment of your teeth.