Do you floss every day? If not, do you know why flossing is a wonderful thing you can do for your smile and health? Flossing is essential to taking excellent care of your smile and gums as you age. In fact, flossing can also help fight against gum disease and aid you in fighting against cavities.
Our dentist, Dr. Thomas Hicks, encourages you to floss each day. To help you understand more wonderous reasons to floss, our team at LifeSmile Dental Group in Portland, Oregon, is happy to shed some light on the subject for you.
Here are some wonderous reasons to floss every day:
– Dental floss can reach food-particles, and debris stuck between your teeth that your toothbrush can’t reach.
– Dental floss can fight off gum disease from the bacteria around your teeth seeping into your gums.
– Dental floss can clear away plaque and bacteria from between your teeth and deep along your gumline.
– Dental floss can clear remaining bacteria that could be causing bad breath left behind by your toothbrush.
– Dental floss can help your teeth stay healthy and clear of cavities that could develop between your teeth.
As you can see, flossing is beneficial to your oral health and smile. If you need help with your oral health, or if you would like more information on your oral health, please call us today at 503-644-5433 to make an appointment with a friendly team member at our office. We are always happy to help you and your smile stay in wonderful health.